[asterisk-dev] Queue callback

Tim Panton tim at mexuar.com
Tue Nov 28 15:31:30 MST 2006

On 28 Nov 2006, at 20:28, Alex Brecher wrote:

> I was looking for a Queue callback solution similar to OrderlyQ. I
> found
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+Queue+Callback but it's
> not a
> good solution. It allows a user to simply press 1, enter a call
> back number.
> Hang up.  The caller immediately gets a call back, and is re-
> entered into
> the queue with the highest priority.  This is "Cutting" in line.
> This is
> not Queue Callback. I'm looking for something that'd be decent and
> actually
> work the way it should.
>
> Can someone please point me in the right direction ?

You need to be _very_ careful how you phrase that request,
if I remember right OrderlyQ have a patent on their queue reservation
system.

Leaving that aside for a moment, you could probably get close
by getting the dialplan to exec a system() call (or agi) that created
a call file with a forward date. Or alternatively add an event to
a database and have it do a manager originate call when the
event is due.

Tim Panton

www.mexuar.net
www.westhawk.co.uk/