[asterisk-dev] chan_sip - performance, and OPTIONS poking for 1000s of peers

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Tue Nov 28 08:12:03 MST 2006

On Monday 27 November 2006 01:25, Johansson Olle E wrote:
> 26 nov 2006 kl. 22.14 skrev Ryan Mitchell:
> For registrations and subscriptions, we do have open bug reports.
> My idea is to set a maximum limit on number of register/subscribe
> requests
> we handle at a given time and send the rest an error message with a
> retry-after header to ask them to come back later.
> Does that sound like a plan?

The only issue I can think of here, is if you say, "hey, come back later",
does that reserve a place for them when they decide to come back? If a peer
is unlucky enough to keep coming back at the worst times, then that peer will
never get to talk to Asterisk, while someone else who is more lucky, would
get to talk to Asterisk all the time.

Leif.