[asterisk-dev] extend IAX2 IE proposal

Di-Shi Sun di-shi at transnexus.com
Mon Nov 27 13:59:16 MST 2006

Hi All,

We want to write a proposal for extending IAX2 IE types to carry info undefined in the protocol. We have two questions.

1. What is the IE identification number we should propose? IAX2 has used 0x01 to 0x33.  Corydon76 had posted a patch on bugs.digium.com that used 0x32. We wonder if there is any suggestion for how to use this identification number resource.

2. Our info data will be more than 256 bytes, but less than normal MTU of UDP. As we know that one IE block can only carry 256 or less bytes data. The "Date Length" is a byte. If we use multiple IE blocks, there are two solutions, one is using multiple IE types. Another is using one IE type, but adding a sequence number in DATA. The first one will consume more the identification number resource. The second one will bring some other issues. We want to know if this issue had been discussed.

Thanks,

Di-Shi Sun.