[asterisk-dev] Replacement RTPd?

Johansson Olle E olle at voop.com
Mon Nov 27 10:05:11 MST 2006

27 nov 2006 kl. 17.27 skrev Matthew Rubenstein:

> 	Is there a way to factor out the RTP server bundled (compiled) with
> Asterisk, and instead use an existing standalone RTP server running on
> the same host (or across a network, despite the extra traffic)?
> --
>
> (C) Matthew Rubenstein

Hmmm. Copyright on a question? Don't know if I dare to answer.

Check the asterisk-netsec distribution. It supports using the MIDCOM
simco
protocol to remotely control RTP sessions in a firewall.

Otherwise, the RTP module is not optional and has to be loaded. The -
netsec
branch is propably what you want.

/Olle