[asterisk-dev] ERROR message that is not an error?

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 04:59:32 MST 2006

Hi,

I hope this is not too banal to be a dev-list post...

At present (and I notice this is unchanged in 1.4-beta) if a phone
tries to subscribe to an extension that exists but has no hint, you
get an ERROR generated from the following code.

ast_log(LOG_ERROR, "Got SUBSCRIBE for extension %s@%s from %s, but
there is no hint for that extension\n", p->exten, p->context,
ast_inet_ntoa(iabuf, sizeof(iabuf), p->sa.sin_addr));

Surely this is not an error, but more a warning. Does it really matter
in an operational way if a phone cannot subscribe to an extension?

Regards,
Steve