[asterisk-dev] More T38 questions/fixes

Johansson Olle E olle at voop.com
Fri Nov 24 00:19:09 MST 2006

23 nov 2006 kl. 19.07 skrev Dan Austin:

>>> While digging through
>>> the way flags are set/checked/copied I noticed this in
>>> sip_alloc():
>>>
>>> if (ast_test_flag(&p->flags[1], SIP_PAGE2_T38SUPPORT))
>>>    p->udptl = ast_udptl_new_with_bindaddr(sched, io, 0,
>>> bindaddr.sin_addr);
>>>
>>> Support for RTP and TCP passthrough of T38 is not complete,
>>> but won't the code above always setup T38 on UDPTL if any T38
>>> passthrough options are set?
>>>
>> Yes, but if it's disabled for a peer/user, we will not allocate the
>> udptl socket. Exactly as video.
>
> This question was more about future enhancements.  There is code
> in chan_sip for T38 over RTP and TCP.  It is clearly not complete
> and ifdef'd out.
>
> The three T38 options use these flags:
> SIP_PAGE2_T38SUPPORT_UDTPL
> SIP_PAGE2_T38SUPPORT_RTP
> SIP_PAGE2_T38SUPPORT_TCP
>
> The section of code above only tests for SIP_PAGE2_T38SUPPORT, which
> Will match any of the three flags and always setup UDPTL.
>
> What I should have said more directly is that the test most likely
> should be for SIP_PAGE2_T38SUPPORT_UDPTL specifically.  Today it
> doesn't really matter, but if someone make progress on the other
> two methods this test might trip them up for a bit.

Oh, yes. The code was half-done and the RTP/TCP implementation
was only marked in flags, but nothing in the code to support it.
When we have the rest of the code - if needed, we will have to clean up
quite a lot I believe.

Dan, I would like to take the oppurtunity to thank you for all your hard
work in testing and finding bugs in the T.38 support. It's been crucial
for the 1.4 release.

/O