[asterisk-dev] Need help in how to get notified of events from client

Ly, Phung My pmly at fcg.com
Tue Nov 21 19:07:58 MST 2006

Hi
I research about AMI,I configure manager.conf:
; AMI - The Asterisk Manager Interface
; Asterisk call management support and PBX event supervision
[general]
enabled = yes
port = 5038
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0
;--------------------------
[PhungLy]
secret = mysecret
deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
permit=172.16.49.14/255.255.255.0
permit=127.0.0.1
; Authorization for various classes
read = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config
write = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config

After that I run 'asterisk -r'. However I don't understand how to get
notified of events through it and how to control it from client as well as how to design GUI from client to connect asterisk server via AMI
Please help me
Thank you very much