[asterisk-dev] app_realtime vs. func_realtime

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Tue Nov 21 06:39:32 MST 2006

On Sunday 19 November 2006 13:28, Brian Capouch wrote:
> Mark Spencer wrote:
> > Just soliciting some input here, but does anybody else think that
> > func_realtime is really an incredibly awful replacement for app_realtime
> > that puts much more burden on the programmer when there are multiple
> > fields you're interested in and that app_realtime should find its way
> > back into trunk?
>
> I would second that emotion.
>
> I haven't re-done to accomodate the change yet, in part because I dread
> it so much.
>
> I know Realtime in general is something of a political potato, but those
> of us who use it, I'm sure, would defend its use.
>
> Anything that makes it harder to use is a regression, but I'm sure
> someone out there would disagree with that :-)

I wonder if it might benefit from being made compatible with my HASH
dialplan function, which is currently only in svncommunity.  That would
give access to multiple fields per call, yet still go along with the policy
that things that don't interact with the channel ought to be functions and
things that interact ought to be applications.

--
Tilghman