[asterisk-dev] RFC: internal CLI changes

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Sun Nov 19 08:10:50 MST 2006

On Sunday 19 November 2006 03:20, Anton wrote:
> I have to disagree with you. Seems you have never woked much
> with CISCO or similar equipment CLI. Otherwise you would
> not argue. Don't reinvent the wheel. There is ony one con-
> according to the Luigi - it's not easy to implement it now
> in the current code.

We're not reinventing the wheel.  The problem is that we've chosen
a different wheel than what you're used to.  Reimplementing it now
to support Cisco's method of command completion would cause trouble
for those of us who like having commands that aren't cryptic.  While it's
easier for you to type, it's less easy for someone to learn what you're
doing by looking over your shoulder.  The Asterisk CLI currently makes
it very easy for a person to discover new commands through the tab
command line completion process, which is one of its strengths.

--
Tilghman