[asterisk-dev] Release schedule ?

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Tue Nov 14 19:17:59 MST 2006

Kevin wrote:
> Dan Austin wrote:
>> 1.  Is Trunk a distraction?
>> 	We clearly need Trunk, but in the future should the
>> 	creation/opening of trunk wait until after a major
>> 	release instead of the first beta?  This may be more
>> 	of a conceptual issue vs. a process issue.

> See my other response to Tony... that was the 1.2 model,
> which had its own problems.
Yup.

>> 	Trunk is seeing more activity than branches/1.4.  All
>> 	good things, and even a number of code-review discovered
>>  	bugs identified and marked for backporting.

> Which is a violation of our accepted protocol for bugfixing,
> and is causing a number of people no end of frustration.
Well I suppose it is a good thing that the issues are spotted
in the code instead of in testing, but I do see how it could
be frustrating

>> I follow Mantis closely looking for issues I can try to help
>> with.  If I knew that a specific bug was a show stopper, and
>> looked to be something I could handle, I'd tackle it running.

> No, I don't know that there is a show-stopper list, because I
> haven't personally had time to review the status of what is
> open in the bug tracker. It'd be interesting to see show-stopper
> lists made by people who are already active there... at least
> then we'd all be able to come to a decision on what we feel is
> worthy of holding up the release.

Noted.  I just posted a list of issues marked as Major or crash
that are filed under 1.4.0b3, SVN 1.4 or Trunk.  I tried to filter
out the ones that were listed as Trunk which were truly Trunk and
not filed before 1.4.0 was tagged and split off.

The classification in Mantis makes it a bit difficult to cull
a definitive list, but I think I came close.

The list identifies the bug id, title and attempts to summarize
the status in a couple lines.  Such a short summery does not do
justice to some of the discussions in the identified bugs, but
is not intended to replace those discussions, just spark interest.

Hope it helps,
Dan