[asterisk-dev] Release schedule ?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Nov 14 15:53:24 MST 2006

Dan Austin wrote:
> 1.  Is Trunk a distraction?
> 	We clearly need Trunk, but in the future should the
> 	creation/opening of trunk wait until after a major
> 	release instead of the first beta?  This may be more
> 	of a conceptual issue vs. a process issue.

See my other response to Tony... that was the 1.2 model, which had its
own problems.

> 	Trunk is seeing more activity than branches/1.4.  All
> 	good things, and even a number of code-review discovered
> 	bugs identified and marked for backporting.

Which is a violation of our accepted protocol for bugfixing, and is
causing a number of people no end of frustration.

> I follow Mantis closely looking for issues I can try to help
> with.  If I knew that a specific bug was a show stopper, and
> looked to be something I could handle, I'd tackle it running.

No, I don't know that there is a show-stopper list, because I haven't
personally had time to review the status of what is open in the bug
tracker. It'd be interesting to see show-stopper lists made by people
who are already active there... at least then we'd all be able to come
to a decision on what we feel is worthy of holding up the release.