[asterisk-dev] Release schedule ?

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Fri Nov 10 12:21:01 MST 2006

A couple of questions/observations from a casual developer...

1.  Is Trunk a distraction?
	We clearly need Trunk, but in the future should the
	creation/opening of trunk wait until after a major
	release instead of the first beta?  This may be more
	of a conceptual issue vs. a process issue.

	Trunk is seeing more activity than branches/1.4.  All
	good things, and even a number of code-review discovered
	bugs identified and marked for backporting.

2.  Is there a list of 'Must fix' issues?
	I assume that the priority order is:
		1.  Crash/segfault
		2.  Memory leaks
		3.  Code that doesn't work as expected
		    (but doesn't crash)

I follow Mantis closely looking for issues I can try to help
with.  If I knew that a specific bug was a show stopper, and
looked to be something I could handle, I'd tackle it running.

I guess the real question is what else can a casual developer
do to help?  Having some insight to what needs to be done would
go a long way towards helping me help the community.

Thanks,
Dan