[asterisk-dev] Re: App_SMS: UDH (EMS) bug and fix

Anselm Martin Hoffmeister anselm at hoffmeister-online.de
Sun Nov 12 15:48:15 MST 2006

Am Sonntag, den 12.11.2006, 13:56 +0100 schrieb Anselm Martin
Hoffmeister:
> Hello everyone,
>
> while setting up a local SMS relay in my asterisk dialplan I found out
> that the UDH handling in app_sms does not work as intended. I tracked
> that down to app_sms.c code (see below).
>
> Bug description:
> ================
> On sending a SMS with a UDH (user data header) defined, the appropriate
> UDH flag in the SMS first byte will NOT be set currently.
> Ref: http://www.dreamfabric.com/sms/deliver_fo.html

This issue is now in the Digium tracker, ID 0008347.

Thanks to Jared Smith for pointing me there.

BR,
Anselm

P.S.: I only get the list "digests" as my mail volume is prohibitively
high anyway. Sorry to break discussion threads in your e-mail programs
by not being able to respond to the proper mail.