[asterisk-dev] App_SMS: UDH (EMS) bug and fix

Jared Smith jaredsmith at jaredsmith.net
Sun Nov 12 06:22:19 MST 2006

On 11/12/06, Anselm Martin Hoffmeister <anselm at hoffmeister-online.de> wrote:

> while setting up a local SMS relay in my asterisk dialplan I found out
> that the UDH handling in app_sms does not work as intended. I tracked
> that down to app_sms.c code (see below).

[snip]

I am not a registered asterisk developer and do not have SVN write
> access or anything (just subscribed on the -dev mailing list though).
> Please tell me how to advance this such that this bug can be fixed.
> If this means creating a patch file or so, please tell me to whom to
> submit.

Thanks for your help!

Patches should be in the form of a unified diff, made from a checkout of the
Asterisk source code
from subversion.

/usr/src/asterisk$ svn diff > mypatch

The patch should then be placed on the bug tracker (bugs.digium.com).
Ordinarily, you'd also need to send in a disclaimer, as is explained in
http://www.digium.com/bugguidelines.html.  In this particular case, where
it's a single line change, I'll bet the people with commit access will go
ahead and apply it without a disclaimer.  As a follow-up, you may want to
respond to this thread with the bug number, so it's easy for the developers
to find it.

-Jared