[asterisk-dev] Development :: Staying busy, please have patience

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Fri Nov 10 10:13:37 MST 2006

Olle E Johansson wrote:
> The focus among the core developer team now is: FIXING BUGS!
>
> We need to focus on fixing all bug reports for 1.2 and 1.4 to get 1.4
> out. Please have some patience
> with us if we don't respond directly to proposals for new things, review
> your cool patches for future
> addition or comment on your proposal to make Asterisk 200% more
> effective by moving one line
> of code.  The focus has to be on the bug tracker and the issues we have
> in the current beta.

Please keep in mind that your statement about "fixing all bug reports" is not
possible.  Asterisk is a large and complex software system.  If that was
actually our goal, then we would never make another release.

With that said, I always welcome enthusiasm about fixing bugs, as that is not
always the most glamorous work to be doing.  So, thanks again to everyone who
spends time working on Asterisk bugs.  :)

--
Russell Bryant
Software Engineer