[asterisk-dev] SIP Multiple endpoints with same id

John Lange j.lange at epic.ca
Thu Nov 9 08:51:05 MST 2006

On Wed, 2006-11-08 at 17:40 -0500, Peter Beckman wrote:
>   So similar to a DID ringing multiple SIP extensions simultaneously:
>
>      Dial(sip at foo&sip at bar&sip at baz)
>
>   You want Asterisk, if configured, to ring all the devices that have used
>   the same registration when you Dial(sip at foo).  Asterisk without a config
>   flag set for that SIP user would do what it does now -- overwrite the most
>   recent registration.  If the flag were set, asterisk would allow multiple
>   registrations, and ring all registered devices when that context was
>   dialed.
>
>   Yes?

Yes, exactly. Ring all the devices that registered with the same
credentials.

I could be wrong but I think this is somewhat common with other sip
proxies (I know I know! Asterisk is not a proxy!). For example, I've
been told SER allows this which I think is one of the reasons a lot of
providers use SER in front of Asterisk.

John