[asterisk-dev] SIP Multiple endpoints with same id

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Thu Nov 9 01:09:28 MST 2006

On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 01:28:55PM -0800, Luigi Rizzo wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 10:29:24PM +0300, Volkov Alexei wrote:
> > That is I actually means when first posting this thread, thanks Luigi
> > describing it from another point of view.
>
> there is an even simpler explaination.
>
> on a traditional phone line you can connect phones in parallel, and
> they all ring together, as long as you stay within the allowed
> Ringer Equivalence Number.
>
> One would expects to be able to do the same with VoIP,
> even if the wires are virtual.

But the two things you described are not equivalent. Shifting locations
and having several locations are two different things.

Consider the calls log of your phone in the office. Also consider SIMPLE
(or any other type of instant messaging: jabber for jingle). When you
get back to the office, you'll have quite a few "unread" messages that
you have already read in your mobile.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org