[asterisk-dev] TLS/SSL futures

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Mon Nov 6 16:18:25 MST 2006

On Nov 6, 2006, at 10:21 PM, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> Luigi Rizzo wrote:
>
>> iksemel is third party software that uses whatever its authors
>> decided to use, and i don't think anyone has the interest of
>> rewriting
>> it to use openssl.
>
> Actually, that's not correct. Due to various other issues, Matt
> O'Gorman
> has been working on exactly that, and will soon have a branch of
> iksemel
> available that uses OpenSSL instead of GnuTLS.

Great.
I think it's a good idea to use OpenSSL for all the SSL things
because it's the most portable SSL thing I've seen.
It's there by default on my osx, openbsd and debian installs.
I hope Matt will have something to test soon.

Michiel van Baak
michiel at vanbaak.eu
http://michiel.vanbaak.eu

"Why is it drug addicts and computer afficionados are both called
users?"