[asterisk-dev] Re: Help with 240 samples on frames read from chan_iax

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 09:48:16 MST 2006

On 11/6/06, Tilghman Lesher <tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com> wrote:
> One could use the ast_smoother interface.  It was designed specifically
> to take frames of variant sizes and produce frames of a single expected
> size, precisely what you want to do.
>
> The basic interface is:
>
> Initialize with ast_smoother_new(), queue input frames with
> ast_smoother_feed(), get output frames with ast_smoother_read(),
> and when you're done, free the structure with ast_smoother_free().

Thanks Tilghman!, yes, in fact now I have found some commented code
using smoothers in app_conference, and some samples of usage on rtp.c
from Asterisk. I dont know why app_conference developers abandoned
smoothers usage, but I will give that a try.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Kind Regards.
--
"Su nombre es GNU/Linux, no solamente Linux, mas info en http://www.gnu.org"