[asterisk-dev] Re: Help with 240 samples on frames read from chan_iax

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Mon Nov 6 08:46:27 MST 2006

On Monday 06 November 2006 09:12, Moises Silva wrote:
>    Well, now knowing the fundamental cause, im going to the hardest
> part, finding a solution for the issue on app_conference code, I dont
> think is a good idea rely on 20ms frames. Or is it possible to make
> Asterisk use only 20ms frames?

One could use the ast_smoother interface.  It was designed specifically
to take frames of variant sizes and produce frames of a single expected
size, precisely what you want to do.

The basic interface is:

Initialize with ast_smoother_new(), queue input frames with
ast_smoother_feed(), get output frames with ast_smoother_read(),
and when you're done, free the structure with ast_smoother_free().

--
Tilghman