[asterisk-dev] Music on hold deafens in 1.4b3

John Lange j.lange at epic.ca
Fri Nov 3 12:35:59 MST 2006

On Fri, 2006-11-03 at 13:52 -0500, Russell Bryant wrote:
> John Lange wrote:
> > I'm having another issue trying to test this. If I place new files
> > in /var/lib/asterisk/moh/ then issue "module reload res_musiconhold.so",
> > when I then put a phone on hold I get:
> >
> > [Nov  3 12:24:19] WARNING[24629]: file.c:553 ast_openstream_full: File /var/lib/asterisk/moh/ does not exist in any format
> > [Nov  3 12:24:19] WARNING[24629]: res_musiconhold.c:246 ast_moh_files_next: Unable to open file '/var/lib/asterisk/moh/': No such file or directory
>
> If you update to the latest code in the 1.4 branch, this issue may be already fixed.
>
> http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=8249

Strange bug. Even though the dot file was there before with the standard
moh files they worked fine. In any case deleting the dot files and
everything else besides the desired music file worked.

Volume level of a creative commons mp3 file of classical music I
downloaded seems fine. A little quiet if anything so that confirms that
playback is not universally loud.

So I guess there is no new bug to report here. Just that the volume
level of the default wav files seems too loud to my users and if others
report the same thing it they could be adjusted down.

Also random does not work.

This code looks fishy to me:

if (ast_test_flag(state->class, MOH_RANDOMIZE))
   state->pos = ast_random();

state->pos %= state->class->total_files;

----

Isn't that just setting state->pos equal to the abs() number of files
every time? I'm reading %= as modulus which is the absolute value
correct?

Sorry, I'm not up on my C operators.

John