[asterisk-dev] Music on hold deafens in 1.4b3

John Lange j.lange at epic.ca
Fri Nov 3 11:29:42 MST 2006

On Fri, 2006-11-03 at 12:13 -0600, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> John Lange wrote:
> > I've found I need to do:
> >
> > sox file.wav -v 0.2 filequiet.wav
>
> That's quite a lot,
I agree. Its quite subjective. I personally didn't find it all I that
loud but it seems in some cases its louder. Like when placing a zap
channel on hold its really loud for some people.

>  considering we haven't had reports of this from
> other users. Can you test this with non-WAV formats to see if the same
> issue is present there?

I'm having another issue trying to test this. If I place new files
in /var/lib/asterisk/moh/ then issue "module reload res_musiconhold.so",
when I then put a phone on hold I get:

[Nov  3 12:24:19] WARNING[24629]: file.c:553 ast_openstream_full: File /var/lib/asterisk/moh/ does not exist in any format
[Nov  3 12:24:19] WARNING[24629]: res_musiconhold.c:246 ast_moh_files_next: Unable to open file '/var/lib/asterisk/moh/': No such file or directory

This happens even if I simply rename the original files. For example I
originally used sox to create fpm-*-quiet.wav versions of the original
files but they would not play unless I renamed them back to their
original names.

Does reloading musiconhold not refresh the file list?

John