[asterisk-dev] Re: why 'o' (preserve original callerid) is notdefault in app_dial.c ?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Nov 3 11:03:01 MST 2006

Luigi Rizzo wrote:
> so if i get it right, info on who is calling us should be in
>
> 	ast_bridged_channel(chan)->cid ?

Today? No. In fact, during a dial operation, there is not yet any
bridged channel. This is only the beginning of where the confusion lies.

At some point we need to rework the way endpoint ID information is
stored in channels, and we also need to be able to signal to channels
that their connected endpoint ID has changed (after transfers complete,
for example).