[asterisk-dev] Re: why 'o' (preserve original callerid) is notdefault in app_dial.c ?

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Wed Nov 1 11:49:28 MST 2006

Paul Cadach wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Luigi Rizzo wrote:
> [skipped]
>> Until we make these two separate entries, there will always be confusion
>> on what information is there - as you show, sometimes you need the
>> source (e.g. when presenting 'who is calling me?' info to the destination),
>> sometimes you need the destination (e.g. when rerouting, or deciding
>> which voice-mailbox to use, etc.)
>
> RDNIS is the right point to look at. When you redirects call to voicemail, you should put user's extention where
> redirection was made to RDNIS field to indicate call was redirected (and specify redirection reason too - "forwarded on
> busy", "forwarded on no answer", "forwarded unconditionally", etc.), so call handling scenario will deduce mailbox/etc.
> information from RDNIS (and redirection reason) correctly.
>
> Calling number usually is the number of original caller until something other is specified (by dialplan or dial option).
>

> That's at least rules how all big exchanges works. So, why to investigate to bycicle and make incompatibilities with
> existing telecommunications infrastructure???

Here's an example of using RDNIS for Voicemail and VoicemailMain:

;
; Give voicemail at extension 3509
exten => 3509,1,SetVar(LOOP=1)
exten => 3509,2,Answer
exten => 3509,3,Wait(.5)
exten => 3509,4,GotoIf($[X${RDNIS} = X]?5:10)
exten => 3509,5,VoicemailMain
exten => 3509,6,Wait(.5)
exten => 3509,7,GotoIf($[${LOOP} = 3]?11:8)
exten => 3509,8,SetVar(LOOP=$[${LOOP} + 1])
exten => 3509,9,Goto(5)
exten => 3509,10,VoiceMail(u${RDNIS})
exten => 3509,11,Hangup