[asterisk-dev] Re: How to busy out PRI channels?

Freddi Hansen fh at danovation.dk
Wed Nov 1 12:08:38 MST 2006

> From: Benny Amorsen <benny+usenet at amorsen.dk>
> Subject: [asterisk-dev] Re: How to busy out PRI channels?
> To: asterisk-dev at lists.digium.com
>

>>>>>> >>>>> "TM" == Tony Mountifield <tony at softins.clara.co.uk> writes:

I think that we should be careful not to mix issues here.
This thread discussion was startet on 'how to busy out a channel' not
'when'.
We should have the tools/methods first, later on comes the 'should it be
from CLI, should it block at a certain number of active channels,should
be via manager,.....'
I think most people agrees that it's high up on the wishlist.
 From a protocol pow. its straight forward in C7 and MFC/R2, I think
that the biggest problem is around ISDN.
The above statement also show us that its a tech/protokol specific
problem so shouldn't we start with a generic way of telling the the
channel driver that we wan't to 'backbusy' a span.
The 'backbusy' does apply even to analog lines.  If you have 2 servers
with analog lines that are part of the same huntgroup and you want to
take 1 server out for service then you just
create a loop that takes the idle lines off-hook until all lines are
off-hook. The server is now out-of-service, all new call are sent to
server 2 from upstream.
I work with a SIP proxy (major brand) that sends my Asterisk an 'OPTION'
command every 30 seconds.  If  I stop sending '200 OK' then I will not
receive new inbound call from the server  but any ongoing  call will
continue.  I have several Asterisk servers  in the same  'huntgroup'  so
if a server dies or I stop sending '200 OK' then new calls are
effectively distributed to other servers.

What I am trying to say here is that I feel we should avoid getting
'busyout_on_zaptel_running_xvc','busyout_on_IAX', ........

Freddi