[asterisk-dev] Voicemail redisign

Carlton O'Riley carlton at oriley.net
Wed Nov 1 09:21:53 MST 2006

This is more or less what I was thinking about doing to be able to
customize the voicemail navigation system.  I like the tie into defining
the remote storage engine as well.  I don't think anyone would care if
it was done as long as we include a vmail_ext.conf or vmail_ext.ael to
be included in their dialplan and a main macro of voicemail-main that
was more or less the same as the current app.  We should also consider
doing the same with the leaving of voicemails as well.

My initial cut of needed exposed applications was starting to look like
this:

getting the number of available messages (by folder, inbox being
default).  Playing messages starting at beginning (msgnum/folder),
deleting messages (msgnum/folder),  rewind current playing message, fast
forward current playing message, record greeting (greetnum), play
greeting (greetnum), change password, etc...