[asterisk-dev] Strange error when sending SMS on Zap

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed May 31 09:04:21 MST 2006

Julian Lyndon-Smith wrote:
> Ooo. That hurt. Sorry, my semantics were wrong. I simply presumed that
> as the "notice" did not happen with 1.2 and it does with svn trunk and
> the  control frame was unknown someone might want to have a look at what
> had changed.

There is no need to take it personally. I was only stating facts.

The reason this happens with SVN trunk and does not happen with 1.2 is
not clear; that control frame type (PROCEEDING) also exists in 1.2.
However, since this is most likely not the cause of any problems, it's
doubtful that it's an issue that really needs to be addressed. Most
likely something has changed in chan_zap and/or libpri that is causing
this PROCEEDING frame to be sent up when it did not use to be; I have
just modified the code in channel.c to completely ignore all the control
frames that it doesn't need to care about, instead of generating this
useless message.

> If people get slapped for testing and raising potential problems with
> your trunk, then perhaps they won't ...

You were not slapped :-) It's just important that problem reports be
factual, correct and complete, otherwise the developer(s) waste time
trying to understand what may be wrong (or not). That is why we have
such stringent bug posting guidelines on the bug tracker... the bug
marshals and developers have very limited time available and don't like
to spend it 'guessing' what may be going on.