[asterisk-dev] $1000USD for fix of Asterisk g726-32 codec

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Wed May 31 05:32:38 MST 2006

Hi Damiel,

Daniel Silaro wrote:

> Steve,
>
> I have compiled it and it seems to work, however distortion does still
> seems to be there. You can replicate it by mumbling at a low pitch
> with a high volume. I wonder if it a property of the codec?
>
> I just want to ensure that I am using the your codec - is there a
> quick an easy way to see which g726 module is loaded (ie yours or
> Digiums?). "show modules" shows regardless of which I compile:
> codec_g726.so    ITU G.726-32kbps G726 Transcoder

That string is in the source code. You can easily change it, recompile,
reinstall and see what happens.

What you describe doesn't sound like a characteristic of G.726. When I
try phone->ATA->asterisk->console I only seem to get serious distortion
with low pitched voices when they are so loud they are causing overload.

Regards,
Steve