[asterisk-dev] $1000USD for fix of Asterisk g726-32 codec

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Sun May 28 03:16:57 MST 2006

Hi Daniel,

Daniel Silaro wrote:

> Steve,
>
> I finally compiled and tested. It worked but the sound was not right
> (if you try it you will know what I mean). It sounded like donald duck
> on the other end.

The code I put together quickly last week wasn't tested. I have now set
up proper tests and debugged things. The packing order of the bits
differed between my codec and what RTP expects. I have fixed this now.

At http://soft-switch.org/downloads/spandsp you will find a new
spandsp-0.0.2pre26 directory. Use the spandsp library and the
codec_g726.c code in there. This code is working OK on a test setup
using Asterisk 1.2.7.1

Steve