[asterisk-dev] Writing a SIP client

Vij vij at it.iitb.ac.in
Thu May 25 05:59:43 MST 2006

Hi all,
        I'm planning to write a sip client for windows using the sip code
available in asterisk, so that when new features like JB are introduced to
sip, they can be added seamlessly to the softphone too and would work with
asterisk seamlessly. I plan to create a dll, so it would be easy for anyone
to create a custom looking softphone with the all features of * sip code.

Though I have used asterisk for a while now and written a few apps, I'm a
newbie to a project like this. If someone could give me pointers to how to
go about doing this, it'll be of great help. I have looked at the code of
iaxclient, but still, if someone gives a start it will jump start the
project.

Thanks in advance,
Vij