[asterisk-dev] $1000USD for fix of Asterisk g726-32 codec

Denis Smirnov ds at seiros.ru
Sat May 20 13:57:42 MST 2006

On Sat, May 20, 2006 at 02:15:20PM -0500, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

>> Can you disclaim this code? I can do work for integrate this to Asterisk.
KPF> Disclaiming the interface code won't matter, because it links to a pure
KPF> GPL external library, which means it cannot be used by commercial
KPF> versions of Asterisk. We only accept contributions that link to external
KPF>  libraries if the license of the library is commercial-license
KPF> compatible (BSD, LGPL and various other licenses).

I mean disclaiming G726 code from libspandsp, that can be directly used in
Asterisk.

I have one question.

Can be in menuselect added option for on/off commercial incompatible code,
and after that integrating such features in Asterisk? After it users of
GPL version can easily build Asterisk with GPL-only features? Can it be
done or this policy would not be changed anyway?

JID: ds at im.seiros.ru
ICQ: 58417635 (please, use jabber, if you can)

http://freesource.info/