[asterisk-dev] language for brazilian portuguese

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri May 19 15:22:51 MST 2006

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

> We have a pending patch for Brazilian syntax (yes. we asked the
> submitter to use bugs.digium.com as well). One issue came up with it:
> should we call those files by the name of the contry ("br") or by the
> name of the language ("pt_br")?

It should be pt_BR, the same code that glibc uses as a locale IIRC.
Asterisk already supports searching for {lang}_{country} and {lang}
separately, so the user can set the channel language to pt_BR and it
will use those files if present, the 'pt' files if present or the
default if neither are present.