[asterisk-dev] Making some changes to chan_sip and wouldlikesomefeedback

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri May 12 15:08:27 MST 2006

Alejandro Kauffmann wrote:

> Agreed "extension" was a poor choice.  We are actually thinking in terms of
> devices, but had not considered
> multiple appearance devices.  Perhaps <account>.conf (since we are placing
> them in a sip directory) or <sip_account>.conf (as suggested) would be more
> accurate.

Most of what you did was unneeded... it's already possible to do
wildcard includes in sip.conf to include the contents of your
'extensions' directory.

Effectively, the only change that needs to be made is for chan_sip to
build new peer/user objects from the config file, but only replace them
if they are actually different from the ones already in memory. Doing
that would then remove the burden of having to reload specific peers or
users from the CLI, since 'sip reload' would properly touch only the
peers and users that were changed.