[asterisk-dev] Making some changes to chan_sip and would like some feedback

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Thu May 11 21:54:47 MST 2006

Alejandro Kauffmann wrote:
> We are working on some changes and thought this was a good time for a sanity
> check.  What we have done so far works in preliminary testing.  We moved
> sip.conf to a sip directory under /etc/asterisk and currently only store
> globals in the file.  We then generate a separate <extension>.conf file for
> each extension.  We modified chan_sip.c so that:
>
> "sip reload" reloads sip.conf and all <extension>.conf files in the sip
> directory
> "sip reload <extension>" only reloads the corresponding <extension>.conf
> file

My only comment is that using "extension" to refer to an entry in the
current sip.conf is insane.  SIP devices are not extensions.  They are
devices which may or may not have more than one entry in sip.conf (one
for each "line"/call appearance).  Perhaps <sip_account>.conf would be a
better term.

--
Now accepting new clients in Birmingham, Atlanta, Huntsville,
Chattanooga, and Montgomery.