[asterisk-dev] asterisk mangament interface

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sun May 7 22:46:27 MST 2006

On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 10:22:23AM +0500, moona ather wrote:
> Hi,
> I have to make a management interface of configuring asterisk....

There are several such interfaces. Generally, the Asterisk configuration
files are too "low-level" and thus any such management interface
normally limits you to a certain subset of Asterisk's functionality.

> i wanted
> to know if it is as simple as reading the .conf files and searching for the
> required section in the file and adding users etc. or there are other steps
> involved too?? As I have seen many such built codes on this site and found
> lots of code... kindly tell me how complex it is and how many other steps
> are involved in making this interface as i am new in this.

This is more of an asterisk-users question.

Just a simple example to give you an idea of the potential complexity:
what do you need to add to the configuration to add a SIP extension with
voicemail? That information is spread in three config files.

Now what would it take to change that?

Tzafrir Cohen      sip:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
icq#16849755       iax:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406