[asterisk-dev] disclaimer hell

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Fri May 5 09:12:44 MST 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-05 at 08:59 -0700, North Antara wrote:
> Dan Austin wrote:

> >On a related topic, can Mantis be configured to display the disclaimer
> >status in the member field on the notes?  If I spot a one or two liner
> >fix, it is easier to inline the fix in the note.  I try to remember to
> >include my disclaimer status in the note, but it seems that if Mantis
> >could be convinced include it life would be a little bit easier.
> >
> >Dan
> >

> Even better - why not put it in the file upload part?  Then if the
> submitter set the disclaimer on file to yes, for the report, and he
> uploads a patch, it'll automatically be marked as disclaimed.  If
> another user uploads a patch, it will prompt them for whether their
> disclaimer is on file - and perhaps it could remember this setting per
> bug/per user, so if the same user uploads a second patch, it'll
> automatically set it to yes.

Not that I contribute much any more, but could it be said that any patch
sent to the Digium run Mantis is meant for inclusion into Asterisk. With
the knowledge that any patch going into Asterisk must be disclaimed
before making it into the code base from Digium, could it not also be
said that once a person has a disclaimer on file, that all patches put
on Mantis will be disclaimed. If so, wouldn't it be best to just have a
flag on the users which is disclaimer on file true or false. The flag
could be set by someone at Digium that handles the disclaimers. Then in
any place the person's name/handle is displayed, the disclaimer status
could also be shown. This should remove anyone forgetting to mention the
disclaimer, and would solve any patches submitted incorrectly via a note
instead of an upload.