[asterisk-dev] disclaimer hell

North Antara north at ntbox.com
Fri May 5 08:59:38 MST 2006

Dan Austin wrote:

>Kevin P Fleming wrote:
>

>>Jorrit Kronjee wrote:
>>

>>>This field can only be set if you're the person filing the bug, not
>>>

>the
>

>>>patch. However, this is just nitpicking, I should've read the
>>>

>guidelines
>

>>>more closely.
>>>

>>Agreed, that is an area where Mantis does not provide the
>>

>functionality
>

>>we need.
>>

>>>It's clear to me now. Perhaps this short explanation could be used on
>>>the guidelines page too (just to avoid questions from people like
>>>

>me)?
>

>>Russell and Joshua are working on rewriting those guidelines, so we'll
>>try to include this explanation there as well.
>>

>On a related topic, can Mantis be configured to display the disclaimer
>status in the member field on the notes?  If I spot a one or two liner
>fix, it is easier to inline the fix in the note.  I try to remember to
>include my disclaimer status in the note, but it seems that if Mantis
>could be convinced include it life would be a little bit easier.
>
>Dan

Even better - why not put it in the file upload part?  Then if the
submitter set the disclaimer on file to yes, for the report, and he
uploads a patch, it'll automatically be marked as disclaimed.  If
another user uploads a patch, it will prompt them for whether their
disclaimer is on file - and perhaps it could remember this setting per
bug/per user, so if the same user uploads a second patch, it'll
automatically set it to yes.