[asterisk-dev] More Documentation Questions

Peter Beckman beckman at purplecow.com
Thu May 4 09:08:44 MST 2006

On Thu, 4 May 2006, Peter Beckman wrote:

> 1. Should I be putting these types of things into Mantis or post them to
>   this list?
>
> 2. SendURL: Most "options" are a single letter, yet with SendURL the only
>   option is "wait" -- should this be changed to "w" to be more consistent?
>   "wait" could be supported but deprecated.
>
> 3. SendURL: This note:
>
>    Old behaviour (deprecated): If the client does not support Asterisk
>    "html" transport, and there exists a step with priority n + 101, then
>    execution will continue at that step.  Otherwise, execution will
>    continue at the next priority level.  SendURL only returns 0 if the URL
>    was sent correctly  or if the channel does not support HTML transport,
>    and -1 otherwise.
>
>   I assume that this means that SendURL WILL jump to n + 101 on FAILURE,
>   but this will not continue to be supported at some point in the future.
>   Should a 'j' option be added to support this deprecated behavior?
>
> 4. SendImage: Uses "NOSUPPORT" if Image support is not there, and "OK" if
>   successful, while SendText and SendURL use "UNSUPPORTED" and "SUCCESS"
>   and "FAILURE" -- should that be standardized?

  5. System and TrySystem -- they both seem to do the exact same thing,
     except that TrySystem will return a 3rd status, APPERROR if the command
     succeeded but there was an error (I assume not an Exit 0?), and will
     jump to n + 101 upon error.

     Will TrySystem jump to n + 101 on FAILURE only, or both FAILURE and
     APPERROR?

     Should TrySystem have a note about "priorityjumping=yes" in "[global]"
     so people know how to use the jumping feature?  Should TrySystem be
     deprecated, and System add an "options" for "j" and the other status
     return val?

Beckman