[asterisk-dev] More Documentation Questions

Peter Beckman beckman at purplecow.com
Thu May 4 07:05:53 MST 2006

1. Should I be putting these types of things into Mantis or post them to
    this list?

2. SendURL: Most "options" are a single letter, yet with SendURL the only
    option is "wait" -- should this be changed to "w" to be more consistent?
    "wait" could be supported but deprecated.

3. SendURL: This note:

     Old behaviour (deprecated): If the client does not support Asterisk
     "html" transport, and there exists a step with priority n + 101, then
     execution will continue at that step.  Otherwise, execution will
     continue at the next priority level.  SendURL only returns 0 if the URL
     was sent correctly  or if the channel does not support HTML transport,
     and -1 otherwise.

    I assume that this means that SendURL WILL jump to n + 101 on FAILURE,
    but this will not continue to be supported at some point in the future.
    Should a 'j' option be added to support this deprecated behavior?

4. SendImage: Uses "NOSUPPORT" if Image support is not there, and "OK" if
    successful, while SendText and SendURL use "UNSUPPORTED" and "SUCCESS"
    and "FAILURE" -- should that be standardized?

Gracias.

Beckman