[asterisk-dev] 80ms RTP packets and G.729

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Wed May 3 10:28:08 MST 2006

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Alistair Cunningham wrote:

>> Would any of the Digium developers have an expected date for a G.729
>> codec for an Asterisk version with the packetization code? Will it be
>> before the next stable version?

> We will finish up the module API changes before the end of the DevCon
> next week, and then I will make new G.729 codec binaries.

Just one point to clarify, and that is the G.729 codec as supplied by
Digium does support packetization.  I have used the patch in bugId
5162 with various 1.2.X releases and early SVN trunk releases with
the G.729 codec.

>> How much effort would it be to port the packetization code to
Asterisk
>> 1.2? If we did so, would the G.729 codec work with it?

> Probably not a lot of effort, and yes.

Not much effort at all, considering the original patch was based on
1.2.  Last I looked the packetization patch was included in a
oej/team branch, but not yet in trunk.  I'm hoping it will make it
into 1.4....

>> (BTW: There's a trivial typo "misstng" in the above error message in
SVN