[asterisk-dev] Corydon76 Issue Deleted: 0006925, 04-28-06 17:49 Corydon76 Issue Deleted: 0006920

Denis Smirnov ds at seiros.ru
Tue May 2 05:50:53 MST 2006

On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 03:57:32PM -0500, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

KPF> If there is code duplicated, then that code should be moved into an API
KPF> call and live in the Asterisk binary itself. Whether it lives in the
KPF> binary or in a library makes no difference, it still reduces code
KPF> duplication.

Why asterisk _binary_ works like _library_?

Do not write comments for code is easy. Writing is hard. Do you think,
that we must not write comment, because this is hard? ;)

KPF> The only possible benefit to having the code be in a library is so that
KPF> it could be used by modules that do not live in the Asterisk source
KPF> tree, but since they can't be _run_ without running the Asterisk binary
KPF> anyway, I don't see that there is much benefit of going through the work
KPF> to build a library.

After moving some code to library it would be easy to write some code that
use asterisk modules. Like format convertors.

JID: ds at im.seiros.ru
ICQ: 58417635 (please, use jabber, if you can)

http://freesource.info/