[asterisk-dev] meetme codec

Thomas Niesel thomas_n at freenet.de
Mon May 1 07:13:44 MST 2006

Hi Folks

>From the wiki I found some infos that meetme speaks ulaw only.

My system speaks mostly alaw cause of isdn/capi/europe.
So I changed the source to let meetme talk alaw as well to prevent
transcoding.

This is maybe not a big thing from alaw to ulaw and back again during a
meetme but why not having a parameter in meetme.conf to change the
(default) codec?
Like:
;defaults to ulaw
;codec=alaw
Just think about talking gsm only this option would save cpu, isnt it?

I know that meetme can't act like a channel with options like:
disallow=all
allow=gsm
allow=ulaw

<thinking>
Hm, chan_meetme with capabilitys like that would be cool!?
</thinking>

Comments?

--
Have fun