[asterisk-dev] Corydon76 Issue Deleted: 0006925, 04-28-06 17:49 Corydon76 Issue Deleted: 0006920

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon May 1 05:35:04 MST 2006

>> I need two things -- strict policy, and info about what patch would be
>> commited, if some issues would fixes, and what patch would not be
>> commited, and I doesn't need to spend my time for supporting this patches.
>
> There is no answer to that question before the patch exists. We can
> certainly tell you whether your idea seems like a good one and is likely
> to be something we would accept, but until the actual patch appears
> nobody can make any decisions about merging.

I probably shouldn't be getting in the middle of this, but it appears
the underlying root issue here is actually "closing/deleting an issue
without comments", and not necessarily the quality of a patch.

Since the arbitrary closing/deleting without comment issue has been
around for at least a couple of years, maybe that should be addressed by
the advisory council in the form of a policy or whatever.

Seems like most folks are fine with discussing the quality of a patch
via the irc channel, but that's not a substitute for arbitrary closings.