[asterisk-dev] Re: Support for Dialogic DM3 cards

Hubbard, Dwayne dwayne.hubbard at intel.com
Mon Mar 27 19:31:49 MST 2006

The chan_dialogic channel driver will support a lot of cards which are
included in the following board families:
  - Springware and DM3 analog (D41JCT, DI0408-LS, VFX)
  - Springware and DM3 digital (T-1/E-1, 1,2,&4 span cards)
  - Springware and DM3 station interface (DI/16, DI/24, DI32, HDSI
(<=120 stations per slot))
In addition to the interface cards, there are also some supported
resource-only cards that can be used for configurations that may require
additional resources.  We are no longer half duplex under Asterisk, as
we can leverage our continuus speech processing (CSP) functionality to
provide full duplex media.  For those out there that are familiar with
Intel NetStructure and Dialogic products; read this as, you must
configure your cards with CSP capable firmware and media loads.

We also have fax (send and receive) apps that work with the
chan_dialogic channel driver.  I have
our pre- and post-connect analysis working inside the channel driver as
well.  The call progress (pre-connect) will be integrated into the Dial
application.  Post connect functionality isn't hooked into asterisk
(yet),
but will be in the extremely near future.  Post connect includes
positive answering machine detection (PAMD), positive voice detection
(PVD), fax, etc...

Regarding the questions of how tightly coupled the integration is - the
configuration file (dialogic.conf) provides an Asterisk look and feel.
Asterisk applications are abstracted to use a generic ast_channel - the
chan_dialogic driver fits easily into this model.

Hope this clears up some of the confusion.
-Dwayne.