[asterisk-dev] Support for Dialogic DM3 cards

Miroslav Nachev miro at space-comm.com
Mon Mar 27 10:36:47 MST 2006

Gerry,

I think that the prices of Intel boards are additional barrier for
using them with open source products. It is a shame that the BOM is
under $100 USD and the price is more than $5,000 USD.
Also, I think that up to few months on the market will be available
boards similiar or better than Intel Communications boards at price in
times less than Intel's. I am sure for that because I have internal
information for boards where are used TI DSPs for decoding and
encoding of G.72xx, Speex, GSM, Echo Cancellation, DTMF Detection and
Generation, Fax Detection/Recv/Send, T.38, H.264, MPEG-4, MP3, etc.
So, after few months Intel will stop selling such cards or will
decrease the prices in times.

--
Best regards,
 Miroslav                            mailto:miro at space-comm.com