[asterisk-dev] Simple question...

Andrew Pollack andrewp at thenorth.com
Mon Mar 27 05:41:32 MST 2006

Miroslav,

This sounds like an excellent addition to Asterisk.  As someone who has
made a living for twenty years producing applications for customers I can
tell you without question that the most important and at the same time
most frequently overlooked part of the projects are their ability to
produce highly detailed and customized reports.  I once had a company CIO
(Chief Information Officer) tell me that while it was true his users
wanted lots of bells and whistles, he didn't care if I built the thing out
of crayons on waxpaper as long as he could get reports out of it that
justified the expenditure.

If Asterisk is to continue to grow into the mainstream marketplace -- and
I have no doubt that it will -- highly detailed reporting is one of the
most important additions to be made.  Good luck on your project.

---
Andrew Pollack
Northern Collaborative Technologies
207-221-2547