[asterisk-dev] Simple question...

Clint Tevlin actevlin at iprimus.com.au
Mon Mar 27 06:17:30 MST 2006

Hi Guys,

I posted this to the Users list but didn't get a response. I'm hoping someone here can help me out.

I'm writing an app that receives a call on an incoming channel (A), the
caller negotiates through a series of prompts and is transferred to an outgoing
channel (B) using the Dial cmd. That part works.

For billing I'd like to be able to charge for the time that the first caller
is connected to the callee on channel (B) so I can pass on my own outgoing
voip costs.

Can I do this? There doesn't seem to be a way of capturing the ANSWERTIME of channel (B) from the
channel (A) context of the dialplan. Or is there?

clint_in_sydney