[asterisk-dev] On ParkAndAnnounce and parking lot

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri Mar 24 13:04:26 MST 2006

On Friday 24 March 2006 09:42, Sharath Chandra wrote:
> I am using ParkAndAnnounce to Park the call and explicitly retrieving using
> ParkedCall app in the dial plan. I am trying to guess the parking lot being
> used in a particular call by incrementing a counter just before the
> ParkAndAnnounce and decrement the counter just before the ParkedCall. I am
> not sure if this is the right way to do. What i want to know is when is the
> parking lot released for recycling. Is is a safe assumption to decrement
> just before ParkedCall.

There was a patch added recently (it's mine, which is how I know this) which
allows you to programmatically see where the parked call has been placed.
You should use that instead of trying to hack your way around it with counter
variables, since that is a race condition just waiting to happen.

*CLI> show application ParkAndAnnounce

  -= Info about application 'ParkAndAnnounce' =-

[Synopsis]
Park and Announce

[Description]
ParkAndAnnounce(announce:template|timeout|dial|[return_context]):
Park a call into the parkinglot and announce the call to another channel.

announce template: Colon-separated list of files to announce.  The word PARKED
                   will be replaced by a say_digits of the extension in which
                   the call is parked.
timeout:           Time in seconds before the call returns into the return
                   context.
dial:              The app_dial style resource to call to make the
                   announcement.  Console/dsp calls the console.
return_context:    The goto-style label to jump the call back into after
                   timeout.  Default <priority+1>.

The variable ${PARKEDAT} will contain the parking extension into which the
call was placed.  Use with the Local channel to allow the dialplan to make
use of this information.

-A.