[asterisk-dev] Dropping incompatible frame....

Joseph Rothstein jrothstein at comcentrixs.com
Thu Mar 23 03:54:56 MST 2006

I have already posted this several times on the users list, and have never
gotten a response.

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2006-January/135205.html
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2006-January/136122.html

Other people seem to be having the same problems with different phones:

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2006-March/143926.html

I am getting these messages on an asterisk server located at a customer:

Mar 23 10:59:35 NOTICE[17891] channel.c: Dropping incompatible voice frame
on Local/001727413769 at sanset-6a3a,2 of format slin since our native format
has changed to g729
Mar 23 10:59:35 NOTICE[17891] channel.c: Dropping incompatible voice frame
on Local/001727413769 at sanset-6a3a,2 of format slin since our native format
has changed to g729
Mar 23 10:59:35 NOTICE[17891] channel.c: Dropping incompatible voice frame
on Local/001727413769 at sanset-6a3a,2 of format slin since our native format
has changed to g729
Mar 23 10:59:35 NOTICE[17891] channel.c: Dropping incompatible voice frame
on Local/001727413769 at sanset-6a3a,2 of format slin since our native format
has changed to g729

This message repreats itslef for up to ten seconds during which time a call
is impossible.

We were having this exact same problem in the past when we had their phones
(both SNOM and Cisco 79XX) running on a server located in house.

Now we are getting this same error message on the server that has been moved
to their location, and is running g729 over IAX to our main External GW.

Any help would be appreciated as this seriously effects this customer as
they are very telephone intensive business.

Joe