[asterisk-dev] multithreaded IAX

DIDELOT Loic ldidelot at voipgate.com
Wed Mar 22 01:53:25 MST 2006

Hello,
I know that this answer is quite late but I tested this multithread
implementation. I am not sure what it is used for, but I guess it should
not drop audio when registering iaxclients and using asterisk realtime
and no rtcaching.

Here is what I did.
I called milliwatt test with my iaxphone and sipphone. And then I
flooded the asterisk server with sip and iax registrations.

On SIP I can easily handle 50 registrations per second, perfect constant
1000 hz tone. On IAX this is not possible even when I increase the
number of threads. Audio goes away after a few seconds. On IAX I cant
even reach 10 registration per second. If I switch rtcaching on, I can
handle the same amount of registrations on IAX than on SIP.

Best regards,
Loic Didelot.